Marine Iguanas is our mixed Year 3 and 4 class. We have an exciting year ahead of us, learning about how the Stone Age rocks to why the earth shakes, I'm sure Spiky will also enjoy finding out about why the Maya were magnificent! If you would like to find out more about what we will be learning this year, please see the information highlighted in the long term plan here.
This is the class teacher’s email – please use this for matters around your child’s learning and continue to use email@example.com for all other matters.
Homework will be set on Friday and is to be completed by the following Wednesday.
- Log onto TTRS to practise your times tables - Soundcheck game first then the children can play the other games. (Please spend at least 10 minutes a day on this)
- Please log onto Spelling Shed and complete the task
- Please log onto Deepening Understanding and complete the tasks
- Please listen to your child read at least three times a week and remember to ask them VIPERS questions to check their understanding.
Times tables practice
There are many websites that the children can access to practise their tables:
However, singing tables, chanting, counting objects all help too.
-Year 3 to learn: 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 8x, 10x
-Year 4 to learn: all the tables up to 12x12
Literacy and Art
- We have been reading, 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe,' in class.
Can you design your own wardrobe and create a magical portal to a new world? What will your world look like? Who will live there? What adventures will you have? Can you write the first chapter of your story?
We have been learning about volcanoes in Geography. Can you create a fact file all about a volcano of your choice? You can do research and include some: "Did you knows..?" pictures, captions, labelled diagrams...
Can you create a model of a volcano? Can you label all the different parts using the vocabulary from our learning?
Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check Parent Information
Please follow these links to play other MTC games: